BASTROP – SMITHVILLE – TEXAS
WHY HAVE WE NOT HEARD MORE ABOUT THIS?
If you do not want increased Military Activity IN and OVER your community soon, You should be contacting your Representatives, Mayor and County Commissioners NOW! Tell them if you are concerned about this Military Action. After reading the PDF file, click RED link above, (See Page 5 referring to our area) you might want to start calling your local Officials to see where they stand on these operations.
Look at the Map Legend on Page 6 for some interesting depiction of what is being considered, Yeah, we are listed as the Hostiles. The Map looks surprisingly like the current Political Climate of the Southwest United States.
I personally have a problem understanding with the Military having MILLIONS of acres of Military Bases to do this type of training. WHY do they feel the need to come into our communities to train with Navy Seals, Special Forces, Special Operations and 82nd Airborne???
What to Expect (JULY 15 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 15, 2015)
OPERATION JADE HELM is a challenging eight-week joint military and interagency (IA) Unconventional Warfare (UW) exercise conducted throughout Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah and Colorado.
Increased military presence
– Increased aircraft in the area at night
– May receive noise complaints
– Some individuals may conduct suspicious activities
designed to prepare them for complex environments
– Local LEO’s are fully aware of the exercise
– Local footprint will be 60-65 personnel
– Personnel may be carrying weapons with blank ammo
– Some participants will be wearing civilian attire and driving
Exercise Locations within Texas:
– Bastrop/Smithville, Big Springs, Caddo Lake, Caldwell, Christoval,
College Station, Dell City, Eldorado, Goliad, Junction, Leakey,
Menard, Mountain Home, San Angelo, San Antonio, and Victoria